Calligram Blog

 


This is a Calligram of an airplane, which I wanted to symbol traveling. All of the text in here is a letter I wrote to my future self in 20 years. The main thing I want to accomplish in 20 years is lots of traveling and being happy so I wanted to do an airplane for my picture. I traced the airplane off of an image and then the clouds and sun I did free handed.  I tried to incorporate different texts tools and techniques through out the images to switch it up. Overall this project was very hard and frustrating because I kept having to start over. I do not think that this is my best work, but I tried my best with using a new program I've never touched before. Down below is the original airplane image I used to trace.




Comments

  1. hi! this looks so good! the way you used the text for the clouds and the sun are my favorite parts. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can totally relate to your struggle with this project but I think you did a good job. I also had a hard time getting my words to fit properly into the whole of my shapes. Its clear what your images are trying to be and your message is clear.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad I'm not the only one who struggled haha

      Delete
  3. I think you did a wonderful job with this project. I like that you did more than just an airplane, like the sun and clouds. Additionally, your artist statement is inspiring and it really dives into your process as an artist.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment