Illustrator Blog

 In this blog post I will be discussing different youtube videos I watched on the Adobe program Illustrator. 


Video 1:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3GzumUieDPY


This first video I watched on illustrator is a 6 minute video that teaches you the basics. It shows you how to create a new document, open documents and save them. I like how the program shows the most common tools on the side, which one of the most common tools is the rectangle tool. I will use the basic tools that were shown to familiarize myself with the program. The basic tools will also help me with my projects in the future, especially towards the beginning. Something I found to be interesting is you can color match to other shapes in the program.




Video 2: 



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7vE-wDmw1wA


The second video I watched was a 10 minute video that also taught the basics of the adobe program. This video talked more about the line tool, which the other video did not. I believe that the line tool will be important for my upcoming projects. I feel like I will have some difficulties drawing good lines because I don’t have a super steady hand, so I will need to practice. Something I found interesting is you can fill letters and shapes with different colors just like Dreamweaver.




Video 3:



https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ymBosZVeRc8


The third video I watched is a 10 minute video on the basics of letter logos. I wanted to watch something different as I saw the basic tools in the first two videos I watched. I figured this could be helpful if I wanted to include something like this in an upcoming project. I found this video interesting because you can use many different shapes to create a letter. Overall the logos look really cool, but they seem simple to make.


Comments