Self Portrait/ Propaganda Poster

 Propaganda Poster


For my Propaganda Project I needed to use a picture of myself and create it into a social justice poster. Originally I used a photo of myself and created it in Illustrator first for my Self Portrait Project, which I will have pictured below. For my topic I decided to go with factory farming, which is the intensive farming of animals in an inhumane way. To represent the poor practices such as keeping cows in confined cages, over killing chickens, and the horrible treatment of the animals I decided to create little graphics. The topic of factory farming is something I am very passionate about as a vegetarian who eats vegan 90% of the time and being an animal lover. I know at this point many people are aware of the horrible mistreatment at the factory farms, so I just wanted to remind people to eat local meat from farms. Eating locally and stopping factory farming will help eliminate issues with the environment, human health problems, and the extreme mistreatment of the animals, so it is very important that people are aware. I kept my poster to 4 colors to help get the point across. For my 4 colors I used red, black, white, and tan. This is because when I think of factory farming I immediately think of red and black because of blood and abuse. I used white and tan just for neutrals. I changed some things about myself such as hair color and a frown to go with the theme of the poster. My inspiration for this will also be pictured below with my self portrait and original picture of myself. 
Inspiration


Self Portrait

Original Picture of Myself






Comments

Post a Comment